I love rhubarb pie. I find it to be absolutely delicious. I know that not everybody shares my love of this dessert though. So you could imagine my delight when I was dating my husband and I found out that he loved it as well as many of my in laws. My grandma was the one that got me hooked on rhubarb pie and she makes one of the best I've had and she knows how much I love it, so I find it to be a special treat when I go to visit her and I find out we are having rhubarb pie. I talked my dad into growing rhubarb and so I have tried a few different recipes. Here is a good one that we tried out today.
Rhubarb Crisp
1cup flour
1cup brown sugar
3/4cup oatmeal
1/2cup butter, melted
4-5 cups raw rhubarb, sliced
1cup sugar
1cup cold water
2Tblsp cornstarch
1tsp vanilla
In a bowl, mix flour, brown sugar, oatmeal, and butter. Press 3/4 of mixture into bottom of 9x9 inch square pan. Cover with rhubarb. In a saucepan, mix all the remaining ingred. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Pour over the rhubarb. Sprinkle with remaining flour oatmeal mixture. Bake 350 for 45-60 minutes until bubbly and brown
Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Posted by Michael, Michelle, Lil, and Pay-pay at 12:32 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I love it too...thanks to Grandma! Too bad Bri hates it!!!
Love you guys!
Hi I'm Becca, work at the U with Michael! Lilly is a Doll. Thanks for the Rhubarb Pie recipe, have to try it out! I got hooked when my neighbor growing up made a few every summer for us, best ever! Then she got Alzheimers and they never tasted the same.
Post a Comment